If you love property, the idea of a second home or a dream overseas pad as much as we do, there are so many places to explore. Perhaps it’s a development you love, perhaps it’s the location or an ideal investment opportunity. This month we take you to places that perhaps you may have never considered.
Consider North Cyprus or the Czech Republic. Or maybe it’s Croatia to add to your list.
Croatia is gaining a lot of media attention.
Here are some quick facts:
• Among the Financial Times' Top 10 Micro Cities in Europe, two are located in Croatia, showing the best strategy designed to attract foreign investment.
• Croatia is among the top 20 green countries in the world (#15)
• Croatia is one of the world’s best countries for retirement according to Forbes. "Croatia contains beautiful scenery, a good climate, ancient cultures, a low-cost of living and tax breaks for retirees."
• Web searches for holidays to Croatia are reportedly soaring. What's more, there are new flights, new trips, even new festivals to tempt visitors there; whether to see its historic cities or ravishing, island-speckled coastline.
Our PND select property is in Dubrovnik and today it is one of Europe’s most attractive tourist destinations and its worldwide fame is well deserved. Dubrovnik offers much more than historical treasures. Numerous festivals, galleries and museums are a definite must see, while avid travellers will find delight in the fantastic restaurants offering the best of Croatian and international cuisine and bustling cafés and nightclubs.
The Residences at Dubrovnik Sun Gardens is simply gorgeous!
Now what about the Czech Republic? The Czech Republic’s real estate market, which is perceived as one of the most established in the Central and Eastern European (CEE) region, continues to attract foreign homebuyers.
In 2015, the economy recorded strong growth of 4.5%, the highest level in eight years, thanks to increased private consumption and robust growth in the real estate market.
While everyone knows about Prague, everyone should visit Prague once in their lives, if only for the architecture. But also not to be missed is the music, the beer, the Vltava River, the technical monuments and the cafes.
With Prague on the tip of many tongues, the town of Beroun is only a mere 35 minutes from train and is not only a picturesque town to visit but is also an interesting real estate investment. One of the most sought after places to live in the area, the rental market is incredibly brisk, as are property sales.
We think you should consider Beroun Hills.
Last but not least is the gorgeous North Cyprus.
Northern Cyprus is the Turkish part of the eastern Mediterranean island of Cyprus, divided between Turkey and Greece since the late-20th century.
It’s known for its beaches, Byzantine castles and ancient ruins.
North Cyprus is one of the new Mediterranean property hotspots.
With buyers from the UK, East and West Europe, Scandinavia and the Middle East increasingly lining up to buy a North Cyprus villa or apartment, the North Cyprus property market in in 2015 potentially looks set to show considerable capital growth.
• Boasts an amazing climate
• Rising property prices
• Rich in culture
• Beautiful beaches
Our preferred property in Northern Cyprus is Renaissance Residence. This may be a good time to buy with discounts available until the end of September.