Labour Day has come and gone and for many, this means summer is “over”.
In many countries, Autumn is a wonderful time. Leaves are changing, new wardrobes are purchased, parents have more free time, and chilled Chardonnay is morphing to a great Merlot inside rather than outside.
At some point so many of us dream of buying that second home overseas to escape to when we can.
- Enjoy water sports on palm-fringed Dover Beach, by lively St Lawrence Gap
- Unwind by the crystal-clear waters of the prestigious Sandy Lane
- Explore the rugged East Coast from Bathsheba, a surfer’s paradise
Food & Drink
- Sample Bajan rum and learn about the island’s sugar cane history at the Mount Gay Rum Factory
- Indulge in afternoon tea, a British tradition that’s fully embraced in Barbados, at The Sandy Lane Hotel – one of Simon Cowell’s favourites
- Barbados is tiny, so hire a car and drive around it in a day, stopping at the caves of St Lucy in the north
- Take a thrilling island jeep safari through forests and fields of sugarcane
- Take a walking tour of Bridgetown’s monuments and see the Garrison Savannah military base
- Learn about the history of the Trinitario cocoa bean at the Agapey Chocolate Factory
Events and Festivals
- Visit the legendary Sir Garfield Sobers Stadium and watch the Windies cricket team play at The Kensington Oval
if you are looking to buy your second home in Barbados a great place to start would be with Harry Manning